Analytics
5.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

My Google Analytics Acccount

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I am a new starter for a company and I've been passed over our Google account details. I have logged into Google Analytics only to see a request to set up an account when one already exists. Can you please help in retrieving my analytics. 

Thank you

Darhan Patel

Re: My Google Analytics Acccount

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

When you say an account already exists, are you basing that on the fact there is tracking code on the website? It could be that the account relating to tracking is not the same as the account you have login details for. If you walk through the setup process, you'll eventually be given a snippet of code. Take a note of the account number (UA-XXXXXXX), then compare it with the UA code you see in the site source. Does it match?

If not, the login details are not for the same account as that which is tracking.

Re: My Google Analytics Acccount

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm in the same boat as Helen. I'm afraid to get a new tracking number, which may be different, and then lose tracking of my website. Would I just copy and paste the new one in and hope my SEO doesn't drop????