Analytics
3.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

My GA tracking ID keeps changing for my Wix website!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  I am trying to run a new Wix e commerce website and I have dropped analytics twice in the last week. This is absolutely killing me because I can't see what is happening with all my advert spending.

I am not sure if the tracking ID is being changed on the Google side or the Wix side because I'm not writing it down... I guess I should. All I know is that I log in, find out I only have one or two page views as opposed to a few hundred like normal, then look and see the tracking ID that Wix has is different than what GA is showing for the property.

What is the problem? I don't have time to toy around with this. I just need it to work.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My GA tracking ID keeps changing for my Wix website!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

the tracking ID in Google Analytics is created when you add an Account or Property so it is not definitely changing in GA end.

I reckon you have followed these instructions:
https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/adding-your-google-analytics-code-to-your-site
and you have not done any customizations in your page template code or similar that could affect Google Analytics code implementation?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I followed the Wix instructions. Wix should not change the code I entered for any reason, should they?

I have not done any coding. I have only edited templates.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Definitely not.

So the code stayed for few days after you changed it?
Please write down the wrong code for future reference and just to make sure : That wrong code has nothing to do with you or GA accounts that you have?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible