Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

My GA tracking ID keeps changing for my Wix website!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  I am trying to run a new Wix e commerce website and I have dropped analytics twice in the last week. This is absolutely killing me because I can't see what is happening with all my advert spending.

I am not sure if the tracking ID is being changed on the Google side or the Wix side because I'm not writing it down... I guess I should. All I know is that I log in, find out I only have one or two page views as opposed to a few hundred like normal, then look and see the tracking ID that Wix has is different than what GA is showing for the property.

What is the problem? I don't have time to toy around with this. I just need it to work.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My GA tracking ID keeps changing for my Wix website!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

the tracking ID in Google Analytics is created when you add an Account or Property so it is not definitely changing in GA end.

I reckon you have followed these instructions:
https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/adding-your-google-analytics-code-to-your-site
and you have not done any customizations in your page template code or similar that could affect Google Analytics code implementation?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I followed the Wix instructions. Wix should not change the code I entered for any reason, should they?

I have not done any coding. I have only edited templates.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Definitely not.

So the code stayed for few days after you changed it?
Please write down the wrong code for future reference and just to make sure : That wrong code has nothing to do with you or GA accounts that you have?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.