Analytics
6.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

My 2 websites mixed up in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Unbeknownst to me, several months ago, Google Analytics somehow mixed up my two websites, ThisLibraryLove.com and OneTimeThrough.com. 

When I go to my GA dashboard and click on This Library Love data, it shows me what's going on on my main site One Time Through. I'm not sure that I'm able to see any data from This Library Love which is a much, much smaller site and I don't really even need the GA data for. 

Any idea how I can fix this? Or do I need to remove both properties and set things up again? Will this impact Google rankings? etc.?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help!?

1 Expert replyverified_user

My 2 websites mixed up in GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sue L :-)

reporting for a Property is tied to the tracking id of the tracking code snippet,

not an actual domain name. 
When i check your sites, both sites have tracking code for Property UA-69312823-1

You need to check what the tracking id is for This Library Love data and change the tracking code on

ThisLibraryLove.com site so that the tracking code matches the tracking code for it's own Property.

You cant fix the past data that has already been collected from the other site, but this will fix the issue going forward.

If you have further questions, please post back

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here