Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Local Pages and Emails

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is my problem. I'm trying to switch emails or even usernames for my second YouTube channel, but with little promise. The only solution I can think of is to create a Google Plus, but I already have one for my real name and my main YouTube channel. I did some research; once again though, I found little help. This third Google Plus would have a completely different name, connecting from a different email address, but for some dumb reason, still be connected to my main email address. I don't understand. 

Is creating a second location for my local page the same as creating a second local page?

Why would my third page have its own email address, when it's still connected to my primary address?

I probably am overthinking this. There might be an easy solution I could be not looking at, of course. I just prefer not losing any data that could alarm my subscribers.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rascally R
November 2015

Re: Multiple Local Pages and Emails

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Allison :-)
DO NOT feel stupid. I also have problems finding my way around sometimes :-))

I'm not really sure what is meant by a local or location page in relation to a non business. I may be wrong but to the best
of my knowledge if it doesnt relate to a business then it should be have a G+ brand/organization page.
If help with a local page is needed though then I would suggest the GMB section
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi there,

This is quite a complex question without a bit of context around the industry you are working in and what you are trying to accomplish. I know this is a real problem (I've experienced it a number of times) but if you can put a little more information about what you're trying to achieve and also the URLs you are referring to, that might be useful.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's not an official business. I have two YouTube channels, both under the same email. I'm trying to change the name of the second channel, but it won't let me unless I'm willing to delete my Google Plus. I refuse to do that, seeing it will delete the success I've gained on my first channel. Also, it will delete the local page I created FOR that channel.
I attempted at creating another gmail; a business one for the second one. I cannot seem to change the email address for that channel, though, without deleting my primary gmail address. Unfortunately, that's connected to my first YouTube channel.

youtube.com/TheEsperanza243

youtube.com/channel/UCAXP6FWBJSxZBgXY-etyldQ

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Rascally R :-))

sorry to hear you are having issues. Most frustrating for you!

This area of the community is for help with Google Analytics Account Access and Management.

For help with a youtube channel etc, you may also want to ask on the youtube help forum
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good grief! Thanks for pointing that out. This whole Google stuff is so confusing. I went through YouTube/Google+ information and they kept leading me to Google Business. When I got here, I didn't understand where to post questions. And now after learning Google Plus pulled away from YouTube this past week, I feel so angry and stupid.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rascally R
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Allison :-)
DO NOT feel stupid. I also have problems finding my way around sometimes :-))

I'm not really sure what is meant by a local or location page in relation to a non business. I may be wrong but to the best
of my knowledge if it doesnt relate to a business then it should be have a G+ brand/organization page.
If help with a local page is needed though then I would suggest the GMB section
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Rascally R and Allison D: if you post your question in the YouTube Help Forum as Bronwyn V recommended, I or one of the other YouTube experts can try to help you out there (I don't see any post there with your handles).

YouTube has not separated Google+ Pages from YouTube channels (yet), and there may be Google+ related steps you need to take, but we can help walk you through those. So it's not surprising you were pointed to this help forum.

When you post be sure to include as many details as you can, including your current YouTube channel URL(s) and current Google+ Page URL(s).

productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks @Peggy K :-))