AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Moving property to other analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My friend has an analytics account, and there he has a few properties (sites) added. 

Is it possible to ban his access from one of his properties and grant it to me. I mean after the opeartion he will no longer see the data and that property in his GA account, and the only person who will see the data is me? I'm thinking of buying his idea, but im not sure if i can erase his access so he can no longer see the effects after doing so.

pls help

Re: Moving property to other analytics account

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jakub,
Your friend would be the only person who can give you the admin level access and you can ban them or he can ban himself but without his involvement you can't do any thing . He is the owner of his account and you can't ban him.

I also don't understand what will you achieve by doing this if you ban him after getting admin level access from him. He can still reclaim account access whenever he wants.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You dont understand.

1 He has " 1"GA account (not Google but Analytics), and "few" properties lets say:

1) HISacoount
- domain1.com
- domain2.com
- domain3.com

And what i want to do is:

- Remove the domain2.com property from his property list (he can no longer see it, and in no way he can regain the access)
- Make the property appear at my property list in "my" Google Analytics account

He has no problem with doing any operation but i wonder is it possible.and how we should solve it.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I do undestand in first time but I thought you want to ban someone without his involvement who have property acess(Asuume admin level access).

Now solution is very easy ask for admin level access on your email id from your friend and terminate your friend access then your friend won't be able to see any data. I wouldn't suggest you to delete property because if site is old and have enough data that will help you analyse traffic sources and list of keywords by which that sites getting traffic.

If you really want to delete property ask your friend to follow the steps @ https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1042032?hl=en

after this you have to start from scratch add new property from your email id and paste new tracking code all over the website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Moving property to other analytics account

[ Edited ]
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Analytics-Academy/Property-Moving-between-Accounts-Now-Pos...

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not solicit likes or accepted solutions, as this goes against our guidelines about self-promotion.