Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Moving properties within different Google user and Analytics accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand from reading several other replies that the ability to fully move a property from one account within the same user's Analytics account is not currently possible. It is helpful to at least be able to export/import data for record keeping and comparison data. However, it's all data, so how could this not be possible? If there a legal issues of data rights, couldn't there be some sort of release from the website owner to give permission to use the data elsewhere? Let's say something similar to the the process of transferring domains. With as many people that would benefit from switching properties within the same user, and even between different users, it seems like this would eliminate a lot of headaches by not having to explain to clients why they cannot move it around for whatever reason they need to. First world problems, I know. But hey, it would be incredibly helpful. Thanks for your time. Smiley Happy