Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Missing data in current account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to compare data year over year and, even though our website has been live for 2+ years, Google Analytics is only showing data as far back as January 25, 2015. (We have had an analytics account for the entirety the site has been live.)

I reached out to our website host who said:

"Regarding Google Analytics, I did some digging and it looks like last year there was a request from your organization to create a new Google Analytics ID because you had lost access to your old account (this happened in January). This is the only information I have from your last ID - GA ID #: randomname/randomtextandnumer* "

*I made up this ID, but she did send me one comprised of words

Though I wasn't currently employed here during that time, I reached out to everyone at the organization (small office) and no one requested a new ID, which is strange.  Regardless, does anyone know of a way to access the earlier data? I've looked through the forums and help menus without much luck.

Thank you in advance!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing data in current account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello :-)
Please check the following thread for info regarding account recovery:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Missing data in current account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Bronwyn. I went through that thread in my research. I don't have a local support team, and the ID number that I was given (as the one before they reset it) isn't a number at all. Which led me to ask here in the forums as I couldn't find the answer in the preexisting threads.

I have access to my account with the correct link and everything, it's just that the data doesn't extend back as far as it should.

Thanks again!