Analytics
2.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Migrating a GA property to another GA account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

To describe the challenge I am facing, a 3rd party vendor had set up our Property under their Google Analytics account in the past. They have since moved on and we are no longer engaging their services and they have indicated that they want to remove the property from their account.

We would like to set up our own GA account and move that property over to the new GA account so it is removed from the vendor's account. How can I do this? We do not want to lose our old data.

Appreciate any advice here.

Thanks

Alvin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Migrating a GA property to another GA account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alvin,

Unfortunately, there is no way to migrate an Analytics property to another account. As a company you should always be sure to get your own Google accounts when working with service providers. The only way is to set up a new account and starting from scratch.

Christoph

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You can ask the service provider to give you full access to the property and then they can remove their user access from the property instead of deleting it.

See if it works?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks webfield, seems like we don't have an option here then.

GA Guru, thats the current set up, and the owner cannot be removed:

property-perms.png

Even if we could remove the owner here, the property would still belong to their account and they have indicated that that is not ideal for them.

Thanks for sharing the idea though!

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok.

Either you can export important data before losing access.

Or you can use BigQuery:

https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/pricing#free