Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Merging two Property/Tracking IDs after website rebrand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently updated the look and feel of our website and had to change the URL slightly. We were given a new Property/Tracking ID for the new URL and I am wondering if it's possible to merge the old Property/Tracking ID with the new one. We still have access to the old Property/Tracking ID, but would like to see one seamless view without having to hop back and forth between to two views. Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merging two Property/Tracking IDs after website rebrand

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Unfortunately two properties cannot be merged. How long have you been using the new ID?

Alternatively if only a very short time, you could change back to the original tracking id.. update the website url information in the Property Settings page and each available View and then add an annotation to the interface in Google Analytics with a short note about the change.

You will be missing the data in the original Property reporting for the amount of time that the tracking was taken off the website.. but if that is acceptable (you have the 'new' property with the data for that short period of time)
It is one option for keeping all the reporting together going forward.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here