Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Merging two Google Analytics accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have two Google Analytics accounts, both with different google acounts.

Now I am able to access both through my newer account, but I want to be able to move the data from the old GA record to the new record.  I see I can import data into GA, but I can;t find aby way to merge GA accounts for the same website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Merging two Google Analytics accounts

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Merging GA data/accounts is not possible.

You can create a new property if thats an option.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike G
February 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Mike,

Merging two Analytics accounts is not possible, however you can view both accounts from one Google Analytics log in. The import data option is very limited and only really allows you to import hit data and the following data types:

* User Data
* Campaign Data
* Geographical Data
* Content Data
* Product Data
* Custom Data

I suggest you do the following:

Go to your Analytics Account > Admin > Account > User Management and add the email address or each account as a user, this way you will be able see both Analytics Account data in both accounts no matter where you log in. You can also connect any of those accounts to your Google AdWords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, so I wont be able to compare data against historical data until a year down the track. Awesome.

Merging two Google Analytics accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there! So I know its been a while, but maybe I can help someone. So, bummer, you can't combine analytics accounts. BUT you can combine both of their data in Google Data Studio. Make graphs and such adding both values. Since the data shouldn't overlap (I hope) it should be accurate.