Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Merging old analtyics account with new

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

About 3 months ago I took control of a website. The previous owner had previously set up GA on this website, however, due to unforeseen circumstances they left and taken with them their passwords etc.

Since then I have set up another GA account which collects data from this website. 

I have recently been able to get hold of the old account, but as you can guess, this stopped collecting data the moment I updated the tracking code. So I have 2 accounts, one with data up to a certain point, and the other with data from this point onwards. This make comparing data over time a nightmare!

Is there a way of combining the accounts so all data appears on one account? Or by some other means which will make my life easier?

Thanks  M

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Merging GA data/accounts is not possible.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

No merging option there.One thing you can do.You can export the data from old account and create an excel sheet with data from that old account.

Now for the the time sake export your new account data into the excel sheet also and create charts of that combined data for some period by which you can analyze the data atleast.