Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Lost mail address for Google Analytics Account - new account shows no data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Hope you can give me some advice how to fix my analytics tracking issue.

In April I created an Analytics account for my Wordpress website. I used a plugin to visualize the data. I lost the mail address for this account and there seems to be no way of verification without the right email address.

So I created a new analytics account with a new tracking ID. Im implemented the code to my website but now all KPIs display zero. Based on the data of my earlier account I know this cannot be true.

Do you have an idea how to fix this issue and make the tracking working again?

Many thanks,
Rebecca

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
The tracking id of a GA property is tied to the reporting. A new property wont have historical data for previously installed, different property (even if the website/domain is the same).

Usually tracking will start to show data in the reports within 24-48hrs after installation.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Rebecca, 

If you've used the same Google Analytics Plugin on your website and changed the tracking code to the new one everything should be working fine. I would make sure that you only have one Google Analytics plugin on your WordPress website and double check the tracking ID. I would also view the source code on the front-end of your website to verify that the tracking code / javascript is being inserted into your theme's pages. If not - try a different Google Analytics plugin. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for your advice. The weird thing is, that the KPIs in my google analytics account are still zero and I know this is not true. The setup of the account was 4 days ago - more than 48 hours. Is there  a way to check if there is still the old tracking code active?

I think the problem cannot be linked to the Wordpress plugin because than the tracking in analytics should show me correct numbers.

Many thanks, Rebecca