Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Lost Google Analytics account - associate with new account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We have a Google Analytics tracking code on a site (UA-36498866-1), but we have lost the email address / account login associated with that tracking code.

I was wondering if it's possible to associate that code with a new account, or perhaps to get a password resent link to the original account holder.

We think it's highly likely that the original account is an email within our domain, so I think it should be easy to prove verification / ownership if required.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Re: Lost Google Analytics account - associate with new account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

This issue will need to be solved by Google themselves. If you are a Google Partner I suggest you give them a call or if you use Google Adwords you can call their support and then transfer to Analytics. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

They have a recovery option where they ask for your tracking ID (UA-xxxxxxxx-xx). They cannot tell you the owners or personal details of the account owner but they can send an email to ALL the admin owners of the account to start the recovery process. Once they have verified you are the owner they can then help you to access the data via a new email or existing Google account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the reply! Ah, sorry - I'd thought from other advice that the forum was the best place to ask this, but I guess I need to contact Google. Is there any way of getting gin touch with Google, without being an Adwords customer or a Partner? Do Google ever come onto this forum themselves, or is it purely a community forum?

Thanks for the help so far,

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Just checking in to see if there's any way to resolve the issue without signing up for Google Adwords?

Tom
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom K
January 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

Google is in and out of this forum, however, likely not from a support point of view.

You could also try : https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Bryan. In the end, I created a new Google Adwords account and associated it with a credit card. Once I'd done this, I was able to contact Adwords and be transferred to Analytics, just as you described. The call took a long time, but they were very helpful and they were able to contact the original account holder, exactly as you described. Thanks once again for your help!
Tom