Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Login Email deleted, then recreated: How do I access analytics account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a little convoluted and not sure I'll be able to describe this completely, but here goes:

1.  Our google analytics account was initially set up as a User with the google email "admin@mycaba.org" and we were assigned a tracking code which was inserted into all our pages as per the usual procedure.

2.  That email was subsequently deleted and made into a google Group as a contact for multiple people.

3.  Google analytics then did not recognize "admin@mycaba.org" as a login email.

4.  I deleted the group "admin@mycaba.org" and re-created it as a User in google mail.

5.  Google analytics recognizes the email, but now wants me to set up a whole new account with a new tracking code.

6.  If I create a new account, will I be able to change the tracking code back to the original one?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Login Email deleted, then recreated: How do I access analytics account?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Mike,

Follow this procedure to get access with a new email address:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn