Login Email deleted, then recreated: How do I access analytics account?
This is a little convoluted and not sure I'll be able to describe this completely, but here goes:
1. Our google analytics account was initially set up as a User with the google email "email@example.com" and we were assigned a tracking code which was inserted into all our pages as per the usual procedure.
2. That email was subsequently deleted and made into a google Group as a contact for multiple people.
3. Google analytics then did not recognize "firstname.lastname@example.org" as a login email.
4. I deleted the group "email@example.com" and re-created it as a User in google mail.
5. Google analytics recognizes the email, but now wants me to set up a whole new account with a new tracking code.
6. If I create a new account, will I be able to change the tracking code back to the original one?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Login Email deleted, then recreated: How do I access analytics account?
Follow this procedure to get access with a new email address: