Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to start using Google Analytics for organization that I am a volunteer for. Unfortunately, they do not the access for their account and the person that established it is not working with them anymore. I have UA code though. Thank you very much in advance. Best, Katarina

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Katrina that is a stressful situation for sure and happens way too often. For future reference the organization should always "own" the property and grant access to individuals based on the need. Having a UA number alone doesn't help you as you need to log into an account that has access to that UA number.

Best option is to call the person that is no longer working there and just tell them whats up and ask them to grant full ownership access to GA. This should be done with an account that will forever be this organization, and not your personal account. For instance info@yourorginization.com. Then from that account the organization can allow access to it and also remove access to it when needed, like when a person leaves the company.

If that doesn't work out you can contact Google here and request recovery. This process takes a minimum of a week.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Katrina,

Please follow step by step method to reclaim your GA account @ https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-Analytics-acco...

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

thanks for help. After all, we have set up new Google Analytics, because we were still in trouble of missing some information. Hope this is the last big obstacle Smiley Happy

K.