Analytics
3.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Locked Out of Analytics, how? And i am logged in..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a web developing firm and use G Analytics to view clients website traffic. I have 1 main property with all our client websites (Gianluca), and 2 other properties that i added (Dekton) and (Solid). I tried to move them to the main property called Gianluca just for easier viewing and management and now i get a security popup that says reload and sign in, i did that and cleared cache but i cannot get passed this google popup. Its all my property's, its all my client websites. I thought it could be the (Dekton ownership), so i logged into the GA account for that added my email as admin, but the same popup. The (Solid) property is what i added in my (gianluca account) so should not be an issue.

So alas, now i cannot view any of our client sites... any suggestions guys? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Locked Out of Analytics, how? And i am logged in..

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gianluca C 
Sorry you are having access issues.
Just to clarify so there isn't any confusion due to different terminologies.

When you say you have a property with all client websites.
Are you possibly meaning a GA Account with different GA Properties for each client site (each GA Property has its own different Tracking ID - UA#)?
and are Dekton and Solid setup as GA Accounts each with one (or more) Properties?

Usual account structure is that a Google Account can own/access 100 Google Analytics Accounts
Each of these GA Accounts can house up to 50 Properties (usually, but not always, sites would have their own Property as each site would require its own tracking id for reporting purposes).

Are the email addresses you are using each their own google accounts or are they email addresses associated with a single google account?

Also do you have an adwords account?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here