Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Locating which analytics account our tracking code is linked to

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I am consulting to a company and trying to locate which analytics account their website is linked to. There is a tracking code embedded into the site which is shown in the WIX CMS so they must have set up an analytics account to generate this. When we login to the guys analytics account who set it up who has granted me access it has their old website but not the new one. Please help as there is a 1.5 years worth of analytics that have been recorded and we don't want to have to start from scratch.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nicola,

As far as I know, you can reclaim your Google Analytics account, but you need to contact Google AdWords Support. You will need two things before you speak with Google Adwords about you Analytics account. You will need your AdWords Customer ID and your UA number from your Google Analytics. I understand that you already have the UA number which is the tracking code, if you have a Google Adwords account you can call them at 1-855-607-0431 and they will guide you to get your Google AdWords Customer ID, if you don't have an adwords account, you will need to create one, you can follow the the Google AdWords Help Center article, https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6366720?hl=en.

I hope you find this information useful.

Adam

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nicola,

Follow all the steps mentioned in below article.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Well, one of your problems is that you/the business doesn't have an analytics account. 

"When we login to the guys analytics account who set it up who has granted me access..."

There are several levels of an analytics account, and several different types of access. The property level of the account is where the tracking code for each site (property) is generated. So, you could have access to one property of the account, and the new site could be another property you don't have access to. If the UA number on site doesn't match the UA id of the analytics property, then there's another property somewhere. Either in that account, or in another one.

Tom