Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Linking Analytics and Search Console

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have verified my site mini-mos.com with meta tags and have access to the analytics account created. I've also confirmed that the analytics code is on the site. However, I am not able to link my analytics and search console.

1) Is there a lag time that I should allow before I can link analytics & search console? (analytics tag just live maybe 30 min) - OR - 

2) Do I have to own the analytics account and the search console to link the two?

Thanks for any guidance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking Analytics and Search Console

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
at what stage are you 'not able to link them' which interface / step is stopping you?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Sarah,

You need to have edit access on the web property for which you are trying to make the link and also be a site owner in search console. Sometimes still, it does not work as expected. I usually find some errors if I add myself as a site owner and already have GA edit access that it does not always work. In those cases I normally add the site owner and have them complete link. This is usually easy for me as I have access to the site owner account credentials for our agency. It may not be as easy for you. Smiley Sad

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In Analytics, in Search Console Settings there is no opportunity to edit, just a done button.
In Search Console, in Enable Search Console data in Google Analytics I get 'You haven't added any web properties to your Google Analytics account.' Then when I click on add Google Analytics I get a 400 error.

I'll get the Analytics owner to give me edit rights then try again. Any suggestions welcome.

It is a charity site, so data is not critical but as an ex internet marketer I am hoping there are some helpful nuggets.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I work with a number of charities and they depend on donations - which depend on decisions made on data - making it very valuable.
You are right to work to get the access right.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
HI Sarah,

Yes have them get you the correct access, The same user that is creating the link has to be an owner in search console and have edit on the property . Without edit on the property the link cannot be created.

Good luck!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It worked. Thanks!

Rising Star