Analytics
3.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Linking Analytics and Google my Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a Google Analytics account for our website, prior to setting up a GMB page. How do I add that analytic account to my GMB page now?

It keeps wanting me to create a new one, but don't want to.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking Analytics and Google my Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Are you using the same google account login for the GA account and the GMB Listing?
and
Does the website url provided to the GMB Listing match exactly the website property url in GA?

It’s important that the website you provide on your Google My Business listing exactly matches the one in your Analytics property. For example, if your Analytics property gives you ownership rights to www.example.com/blog, but you’ve listed www.example.com as your primary website on Google My Business listing, we won’t be able to match your Analytics property with your listing.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4708936?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was really helpful!

I have a client who used different gmail accounts for her Google My Business page and her Google Analytics account for her website. The url does match in the GMB listing with the the website property url. Is that O.K.? Or not? Should I have her change the gmail address for her Google My Business page?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @karen c :-)

I would not change the email address for the GMB page, I would add the GMB page email address to the analytics account as another user with all permissions so it also has administrative access

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, I did just that. Then we deleted the original email address. It
all worked!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello :-)

i get a bit twitchy about suggesting ppl remove other methods of access incase the accidently remove the incorrect one without have the other access correctly configured 

Happy to hear you now have it all sorted out :-))

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree. I get worried unless I'm doing it myself with the client sitting
next to me. We verified carefully. By the way, I greatly appreciated your
quick responses. Love this community!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You're welcome :-))