Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Link Work Email To Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I work for an agency that runs GA for a large company across many brands. We only grant access to GA for those who have linked their corporate email to their google account so that if they leave the company, they no longer have access. It appears google has made some sort of update and I can't find where one can LINK their email address (not make it an alternate email).

Can anyone provide guidance on how to do this?

Thank you!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Link Work Email To Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are you referring to multiple sign in for different accounts?
If so, Adwords, Analytics, Blogger and Picasa are not supported
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1721977?hl=en
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, in order to use a first name.lastname@company.com sort of email on google analytics, you have to link it to your google account. If you only make it an alternate email it doesn't work, but the linking abilities have changed recently. Does that make sense?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I'm sorry, this isnt something I can help you with.
I'll see if i can get someone else to step in :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I think you might be referring to Google Apps for Work permission for the user to access Google Analytics from their company account. You would find that on the Apps Admin panel.

I am kind of rusty on that aspect, but you might be able to figure it out just knowing that much.
https://support.google.com/a/answer/182076?hl=en
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The link is to Google at Work which is not the same thing as wkaht Sara inquired about. Does anyone have a solution to her question? I am facing the same issue.

Original Q:
I work for an agency that runs GA for a large company across many brands. We only grant access to GA for those who have linked their corporate email to their google account so that if they leave the company, they no longer have access. It appears google has made some sort of update and I can't find where one can LINK their email address (not make it an alternate email).

Can anyone provide guidance on how to do this?