Analytics
899 members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Link Property Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a property in my Webmasters Tools account that is functioning correctly. I have also set it as the preferred url, so I have both the "www" and "non-www" versions in my Webmasters Tools Search Console.

Here's the problem: When linking the property to my Google Analytics account via the Google Analytics Search Console Settings, the "non-www" site does NOT show up in the "Search Console" when clicking the "Edit" button in the Search Console from Google Analytics. (To link the site to the analytics account.)

Only the non-www site shows queries and other Search Traffic Analytics. And yet, that is the one site that won't show up in the Search Console list to link the Analytics property to.

At this point, I feel like I've tried everything. I have a lot of properties and  have never had anything like this happen.

Does anyone know? Has this happened to anyone else?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Link Property Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
In the analytics property settings page and view settings page (pages if you have more than one View) .. is the website url entered without the www in all instances?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here