Analytics
3.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Latency in Data Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a site that has almost 17,000 session per day and 2,50,000 session per month. I don't get the data reported on the same day.

I read "https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en" which says, 24-48 hours latency should be expected if the site has more than 200,000 hits per day. Since, my site has only 17,000 hits per day shouldn't that data be available on the same day?

But, for a similar site with less than 1000 hits per month which has different tracking code, i get the data in 10-20 minutes. Guide me if you have any solutions to get the data reported on the same day.

Thanks in Advance,

Bala

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bala V
June 2016

Re: Latency in Data Reporting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Bala,

A session can have up to 500 hits. A hit is anytime data is sent to GA; this includes pageviews, events, ecommerce, enhanced ecommerce, etc,. etc. It's also collective on the property so if you are tracking more than one site and have them broken out by views, all sites will contribute to the total.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bala V
June 2016

Re: Latency in Data Reporting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Bala,

A session can have up to 500 hits. A hit is anytime data is sent to GA; this includes pageviews, events, ecommerce, enhanced ecommerce, etc,. etc. It's also collective on the property so if you are tracking more than one site and have them broken out by views, all sites will contribute to the total.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn