Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Keeping a property in Analytics after website deletion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Community,

I have a bit of a strange quandary. The business I perform Webmaster duties for is closing, and as such, I have had to do a lot of research in order to discover what I should be doing to shut down our online presence. However, said research has yet to yield an answer to these questions:

1. Would it be useful, in any respect, to keep the Google Analytics data associated with the Tracking ID?

2. Would anything happen to that data after the website was deleted? (Note: while the website and our affiliation with the host would be terminated, the domain will remain intact and under the ownership of the company President).

Overall, I just need some advice and best practices to follow when shutting down the website, in the event that the business is ever revived. The Analytics data collected represents a significant time investment and catalogs my journey as a newbie Webmaster: campaign experimentation, SEO research and implementation, user flow analysis, etc...and the list goes on.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laura B
April 2016

Re: Keeping a property in Analytics after website deletion

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Analytics property can remain as it is even when website is deleted or taken down.

Its good to keep it as it is for future references.

Re: Keeping a property in Analytics after website deletion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you A T, for you insight. Venturing into website shutdown is new territory for me, and it really helps to receive input from more seasoned veterans!