Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to re-enable free Google Analytics Account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Out Information Technology department mistakenly deleted our analytic account.  We then recereated with the same "email" and password but we can hook it to the old UA-...... Is there a way to connect the "new" account to the old UA-.......?

Thanks, Hugo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to re-enable free Google Analytics Account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hugo :-)
Was it an analytics account that was deleted or property within an analytics account?

Analytics Accounts, Properties and Views are moved to the trash can temporarily for 35 days before permanent deletion.
They can be recovered during that time.

If its been longer than 35 days then to the best of my knowledge it is not recoverable.
You'll need to create a new Property and change out the tracking code on the site

You can find out more about the trash can feature and how to recover an account/property or view in the help documentation:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6154772?hl=en

If you have further questions pls post back

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Is there a way to re-enable free Google Analytics Account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hugo,
It sounds to m like you deleted the Google account if you are trying to create usernames and passwords again. Did anyone else have access to your Analytics? if they did then ask them to add you back as a user and you will see the data again. If the actual Google account was deleted then you cannot get it back. Maybe try a lost password option on the gmail address (youraccount@gmail.com) , if you have a secondary email or SMS notification you may be able to get in.