AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to move Google analytics into a new account or to verify the data to a new account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have just started at a new company and the previous employee has told me that I would need to set up a new account as it's attached to her Google page and it cannot be changed.

By creating a new account, this would mean the CMS java script will need to be re added to each of the web pages to track and enable to add tags again. Furthermore, the existing reporting and data would have been lost.

Is there a way to move Google analytics into a new account or to verify the data to a new account?

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks! 

Re: Is there a way to move Google analytics into a new account or to verify the data to a new accoun

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vanessa,
As far as I know Google Analytics does not provide any flexibility with importing, exporting, or modifying any past data. Any data you have in one account cannot be moved to another.

Thanks

Re: Is there a way to move Google analytics into a new account or to verify the data to a new accoun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Santosh

In this scenario, I would need to create a new Google Analytics account.

Thanks