Analytics
6.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Is there a limit for number of accounts/properties a single account can have?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a web agency, and as you'd expect we need access to our client's Google Analytics. The accounts were, quite rightly, set up by the clients under their own email address, then a new separate email (eg. [webagency]@[client].com) has been given access via. the "user permissions" functionality. With this, we have one email address for each client's access. We'd like to switch so just one email address has access to all our client's accounts.

My question is: as we get access to more accounts/properties, will we find ourselves hitting a limit?

To reiterate, we are not creating these new GA accounts...the web agency has only created one (for our own websites). But I can see that there is a limit of 100 accounts mentioned (click the account dropdown, see next to "create new account"). Do accounts you've been given access to count towards this 100 limit?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a limit for number of accounts/properties a single account can have?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @thecodezombie,

That's right all accounts under that user (email) are counted whether you create them or not.

• 1 User may have 100 Accounts
  • 1 Account may have 50 Properties
  • 1 Property may have 25 Views

After reaching the limit just start assigning new accounts to another email/user.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me