Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Is my google analytics account a free one (standard one)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've been using google analytics for some months and it's awesome. But I came to know about the fact that there is a premium analytics account as well. I want to make sure that my account is a free one, I do not want to end up realizing that it is a paid one. Can someone please help me find out if my account is a free one? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is my google analytics account a free one (standard one)?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi HARSH SK :-)

All analytics accounts are the free standard ones, unless one applies for a premium account
(The premium analytics is $150,000 usd per year)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Bronwyn V,
Thanks a lot for your reply. But what I'm worried about is that I can't see any heading stating my account type, and I'm not sure of the hits my website must be getting. So, I don't want google to start charging me unknowingly. Can you please guide me with ensuring that I'm using a free account? I have not paid $150,000 USD, that I'm sure. Smiley Tongue

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google will not start charging you unknowingly for google analytics premium.
In order to get a premium account, you need to go thru an application and sales process with Google.

Premium accounts are also listed with a yellow "P" character in the accounts list.

To see the current hits, on the Property Settings page is there is a section Titled
Property Hit Volume
Which will give you totals for yesterday's hits, the past 7 days and the past 30 days.

If your Property goes over the limits:
If a property sends more hits per month to Google Analytics than allowed by the Google Analytics Terms of Service, there is no assurance that the excess hits will be processed. If the property's hit volume exceeds this limit, a warning may be displayed in the user interface and you may be prevented from accessing reports.

Reference: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

Thanks

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here