Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to get stats from before you signed up for Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!  I have been blogging for about 4 years now and, as ridiculous as it seems, I hadn't realized that I would need to add an analytic ID to my blog in order for me to start getting stats.  I now need to know what my unique visitor numbers are for a potential upcoming campaign and I'm in a panic because I can't figure it out!  My analytic stats only show for a few hours vs this month, or really any month before last night.  Is there someway I could figure it out?  I get around 10,000 pageviews a month... is there a safe high estimate I could use to pass on the information?  Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kataryna B
March 2016

Re: Is it possible to get stats from before you signed up for Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kataryna,

In order to collect data from your site you need to have an analytics account with a property set up and the tracking code added to your website. Google Analytics can track only when the tracking tag is sending the data from your website. So if you had no GA account set up and the tracking code installed on your site unfortunately there is no way to see any stats for the past.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital