Analytics
4.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Is it legal to pre-install APPs using GA in the No-GMS certificated ROM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company use GA(Google Analytics) to do the data analytics for us, and the APPs using GA are pre-installed in the tablet's system. The pre-install here means that the APPs are flashed into the tablet' rom by putting them under the directory /system/app/.

We haven't do the GMS certification for the tablet, as it has no google APPs(such as Google Maps, Google Play, etc) or Google Service pre-installed. However, we pre-installed some APPs which use GA into the rom. I wonder is it legal to pre-install the APPs using GA in the rom?(As GA is one kind of GMS, but the rom has not do the certification yet.)

Really appreciate for your answer! Thanks very much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sky W,

If these are for internal use by you and your company, you should be fine. 

However, if these tablets are being created to deploy to others, distribute, sell, loan out, give away, etc., you will be breaching the legal license requirements of the program and I would caution against that. Google has these requirements in place to ensure system quality and end user assurances. The GMS license and certification should be completed prior to any third-party use of your products. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the replay! It helps a lot.