Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Internel Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm hoping that this is the right forum, please advise if there is a better one.

When trying to view my Google Analytics control panel, I'm getting an internal error.  Could somebody please advise where to report this problem to?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Internel Error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Scott,

where exactly do you get that error? Also try the usual procedure of deleting browser cookies and retrying then.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you are sure there's not an error on your end, maybe it's your DNS. You may have to wait a few hours.

Other options to isolate the problem:
1. Like Christoph said, clear cookies / cache
2. Try other browsers (Firefox, Opera, IE, Safari, Chrome)
3. Try logging into another Google Analytics account if you have access
4. Try accessing your account on your mobile phone through your service provider. This might clear up DNS issues.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This can also be caused by a permissions problem, e.g, trying to access an admin module for which you do not have access rights.
Make sure you start your visit on Google Analytics' site by going to http://www.google.com/analytics/
From there, select Sign In and log in normally. This should take you to your list of accounts.

Alternatively, go to https://www.google.com/analytics/web/?hl=en&pli=1#home/ to access your GA admin console directly.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all for the tips.  I tried clearing cache/cookies and try accessing from a different account as instructed.  Still shows the internal error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you try accessing it on your phone or another internet connection? This would clear up DNS issues.