Analytics
4.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Insufficient permissions to access tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

Any assistance would be appreciated. I have recently taken over this role, and untangling the a password and usernames mess has been ongoing, on top of learning that our site didn't have analytics set up properly. 

I am trying to grab the tracking code to put back onto our site, however for some reason the account states I have insufficient permissions for this. I am logging in to the company account with the company login. 

I have searched and have zero idea what to do next. Unfortunately I tend to leave google stuff to the end of the day when I have little patience - and it is almost bringing me to tears with frustration! 

If anyway can point me in the right direction, I would be so grateful. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi @OSD L,

Do you have full permissions to the account? if you have you can find the tracking code in the admin >> property >> tracking info >> tracking code. if you can't see the property settings that means you do not have full access to the account. 

hope this help

kind regards

Noman Karim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply Norman. No I don't have full permissions - I know that is my problem. Just trying to work out how to regain them. I saw some pinned posts that might help - I will try that now with a clearer head. Smiley Happy