Analytics
1.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Import Historical Data into Google Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Our company was tracking our website with Google Analytics from April 2014 - January 2016 when one of our employees created a new Google Analytics account (not knowing we already had one) and switched the footer code on the website over. 

So, now I have one Analytics account with data from 2014 - 30 January 2016, and a separate account for 31 January - present. I see tons of messages about not being able to literally "merge" accounts... but can I import historical data? Or are there any other creative ways that I can get these two accounts to be one, i.e., a dual export info from both, then combine data, then import? Any other creative solutions?

Thanks!

Re: Import Historical Data into Google Analytics Account

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Elana D,
Google Analytics does not provide any flexibility with importing, exporting, or modifying any past data. Any data you have in one account cannot be moved to another.

You can export your historical data to keep records. To do so, select the date range in the dashboard, and then click on "Export." Choose the file type you want to export to — PDF or XML — and then click on "Export" to download the data.

The old data will stay online in the old Analytics account—as long as the account is not deleted. You'll be able to access the old data indefinitely if you keep the account active.

Hope this helps.
Thanks