Analytics
5.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Illegal State in Intelligence Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm running into a problem that if I try to access any the intelligence events in analytics I get an error stating that an illegal state has occurred.

Is there a workaround or alternative place that I could create one? It seems that if I have one already made in any of the categories it displays, but otherwise I can't do anything with it. 

Any help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Illegal State in Intelligence Events

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Phillip R,

Sorry to hear of your issues. I believe this is a bug within reporting. 

Can you changed 'visitors' and 'new visitors' metrics to 'users' and 'new users', respectively, and see if it the error goes away. I think it will.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got the same message when I click "daily events" to see the intelligence events. Strangely, the message shows when I click Overview or Daily events, but it works for weekly or monthly events.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. Works fine for "Weekly" and "Monthly" Events, but get the "An illegal state has occurred" message when I select "Overview" or "Daily" Events. Reduced my number of alerts to 50 but made no difference.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jan T and @Yen-Hsun C,

Can you change 'visitors' and 'new visitors' metrics to 'users' and 'new users', respectively, and see if it the error goes away for you.

Thanks. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@James_Clemens,

Thanks. You mean from Admin > custom alerts? It seems not the problem because most of my alerts are triggered by pageview or goal, not visitors, and the error shows no matter clicks Intelligence events> Overview or Daily events.

Regards,
Alan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would the daily processing limit per property be contributing to the issue? On properties where the processing limit is not exceeded the "Overview" and "Daily" events works fine for me, however on properties where the limit is exceeded I get the error message.  It started about 2 weeks ago and it seems that the email alert is now about 24 hours delayed where it used to be in my inbox around 6AM AEST for the previous 24 hour period.  Has Google changed the priority on Free accounts? Would not surprise me as we are not contributing to the operating expenses, right? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm getting the same when trying to view intelligence events. Monthly works fine, weekly is hit or miss, overview and daily give me the "An illegal state has occurred" error. Frustrating.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same exact issue. In fact, when clicking Weekly and Daily, I don't get the error but none of the data populates at all. In other words, Intelligence Events works about 5% of the time (if I refresh the page enough times, sometimes it works).

The expert replies aren't helpful thus far. The setting that the expert keeps asking us to adjust, I don't know where that is. I have no custom alerts set up. There isn't another setting that I am aware of with regards to Intelligence Events that I can set to 'users' and 'new users.'

I have tested this on multiple machines, multiple OS's, multiple browsers. It occurs across all of them.

Please advise.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have Email to Google anlytics techinal support, they response this is due to they adjustment, and they didn't tell me when to fix it