AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Identifying account based on tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All - have just taken over our soccer clubs website and Analytics is turned on, and I have the tracking ID (UA-48XXXXXX-1).  However I have no record of the related account.  Is there a way I can discover any details eg email address of the existing Analytics account?  Seems to be a common issue - surprised I haven't found an answer already...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan P
June 2016

Re: Identifying account based on tracking ID

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alan,
No it is not possible to to know email id or any other details with the help of tracking id. If you are the site owner you can reclaim your GA account. Please follow all the steps mentioned in below article then you will be able to reclaim sites GA account.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Hope this helps.
thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan P
June 2016

Re: Identifying account based on tracking ID

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alan,
No it is not possible to to know email id or any other details with the help of tracking id. If you are the site owner you can reclaim your GA account. Please follow all the steps mentioned in below article then you will be able to reclaim sites GA account.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Hope this helps.
thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you receive an answer to this? I have the same problem.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kathryn,

There is only one way that I have mentioned in above post. 

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem but the form you fill in requires email and id etc, I've tried every combination but the "submit" button is grey'd out. How can I talk to someone at Google about this?

We run a Google Apps and domain we simply went to add an Analytics code only to find there is an existing one, be great if we could access it.