Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

INDUSTRY CATEGORY

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First, I know my opinion as a new member doesn't matter that much but this forum is not intuitive. What's wrong with the standard forum layout (phpbb, etc)? I offer this constructive criticism because I just filled out Google's 15-minute survey on user satisfaction and didn't think to mention it there.

My question is:

I received a message from google, in my analytics pages, encouraging me to update the "Industry Category" for the site I was looking at.  I always try to follow Google's recommendations so I went to that site's Property Settings but under Industry Category, the drop down only lists 7 categories: Arts and Entertainment, Automotive, Beauty and Fitness, Books and Literature, Business and Industrial Markets, Computers and Electronics, and Finance.

Is that all the categories there are? My site doesn't really fit any of those categories.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raymond P
March 2016

Re: INDUSTRY CATEGORY

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I would avoid IE for GA use chrome or firefox.
after you have checked if it has worked you can 'mark as accepted answer' to close the thread.

thanks

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi good news - there are about 25 of them.
did you scroll the list?
maybe your browser /device combo did not show the scroll option?
def. 25 ish of them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is 25 or so? Maybe it’s because I use Internet Explorer but although I can see the scroll border on the right, when I try to scroll, nothing happens. I will try another browser. Thanks for the info.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raymond P
March 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I would avoid IE for GA use chrome or firefox.
after you have checked if it has worked you can 'mark as accepted answer' to close the thread.

thanks