Analytics
5.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I've found an answer, but the page redirects before i can read it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to see the answer here: 

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/ifPgQCpklS0

but before the page has a chance to load, or i have a chance to stop the page it jumps to https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics/ct-p/Google_Analytics

Really infuriating. Why?I've managed to make a a little bit by screenshotting the millisecond before the page jumps away, but that's it. Happens constantly. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I've found an answer, but the page redirects before i can read it?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Pat,

I know it is frustrating. The redirect is occurring because of the way the help forums are being restructured into these new Communities. Chances are your question is also answered here, just maybe a click or two away. Or you can use this link to get back to the read-only Google Product Forum for Analytics.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pat,
1) If you are fast you can reload your browser and click stop before the page redirects
2) Go on your mobile device to the same link, it does not seem to redirect then
3) find the cached version by searching siteSmiley Tongueroductforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/ifPgQCpklS0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for the cached and mobile tips, never thought of that! Much appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response Jordan!

Just to vent, and not at you in particular; It's great that there are time consuming work arounds, but i really do hope that there is an actual solution being worked on. The sites analytics should surely tell them that people just don't search one specific product forums for answers. It's not how people find help. They primarily search google, and right now that's broken. To exaggerate my point, I believe it would be a more desirable situation for the product forum itself to be broken than the pages that appear on the google results for questions, and will likely continue to appear there for many years. They have said that they were actually working on it, so hopefully they haven't stopped yet.