Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I signed in and found all my data were gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I usually sign in GA with pc. Yesterday I was using my cellphone and tried to sign in but I will need to verify the account. I didn't do it and tried on my mac. Then I succeeded but I found all the data were gone. I can't find any of them.

Here I sincerely ask how can I fix this. It's really important to me cause I still need the data to do the report for my client.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I would suspect that you are signing in with the incorrect account details. You cannot have deleted your data without specifically specifying that you wish to do so. I suppose that it's possible that another account owner deleted the data during this time period, but unlikely I guess. 

When you say all the data was gone do you mean that you could still see a GA account with the name it had previously, but missing properties and views? Or do you mean that there was no GA account at all?

Double check your login details to Google Analytics - have you got more than one email address (that are connected to Google accounts) that you use?

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John, 

Thank you for the reply. I said all the data were gone means there was no GA account at all. It just told me to Start analyzing your site's traffic in 3 steps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And I can be sure the login detail is not the problem. I was wondering if it's because I login with too many new devices at one time? Now my cellphone shows the same start up guide.

Re: I signed in and found all my data were gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I select the reporting tab, it tells me that I don't have access to this page.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

This really sounds like you are using the wrong login details - have you double checked that this is not the case?

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.