Analytics
2.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I see different analytics data than my client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My google analytics account has mutliple websites on it. Permissions for one site were given to a client. But when he logs in, the data doesn't match up to what I see. I have logged in as him on one browser and myself on another browser and can see this problem but have no idea why Google isn't giving him the same data that I get. Please help!

Re: I see different analytics data than my client

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
are u using same dates and same website view?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, looking at same date range. For example, the mobile overview shows number of sessions for desktop, tablets and phones. Client much lower total number of sessions and it lists only desktop and mobile -- tablet isn't even listed. All other numbers also way out of whack - as if we're looking at completely different web traffic data.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
can u send screenshots of your and client's view?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have three sets of examples - screen shots taken from the client's view and my view. Two sets show all of 2015 - mobile overview and audience session, and the third set is the Google Analytics home page that shows the last 30 days of data.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

analytics home agency view.pnganalytics home client view.pngaudience sessions agency view.pngaudience sessions client view.pngmobile overview agency view.pngmobile overview client view.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Check if your Google MCC login has been hacked, or Google account overall. One way to check is to check if your MCC is linking into this clients Analytics, like your ENTIRE MCC and all your clients AdWords accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alex, 

I have the same problem, did you find out why this was happening?

Kind regards,

Akis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm also experiencing this issue. I granted access to a client, but their dashboard shows only a fraction of the traffic that I'm seeing. They're also getting a warning about a "filtered view", even though we just set the account up and it doesn't appear to be filtered in any way. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I discovered that my client's google account was linked to a different (older) version of their site. Once we got his account linking to the same UA that I was using, the analytics matched up. You might double check that if your clients see different traffic data than you do. Good luck!