Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I need Google Analytics and Account assistance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm unsure if I'm asking this in the right area. I cannot locate a Google Account or Analytics option above, but my questions are concerning overall account setup/management. In 2008, I had an assistant who setup a Google Analytics account for my website years ago, and managed it as well. Later, a few mini sites were added as sub-sites under the main account.

Fast forward to today, the assistant is MIA, the mini sites no longer exist, I am relocating my main website to a new host, I have a new site on a new platform and very soon I will be adding another new site.

Do I need separate Google accounts for all of my websites? The mini-sites that are removed, should they be removed from the Analytics account and if so, how? Any forum help, tutorials, past posts or FAQs areas will be helpful.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I need Google Analytics and Account assistance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Magentsn
You don't need a new Google account for each site. You can have multiple GA accounts under your own Google Account.
In fact, you don't even need different GA accounts for each website (although, I would recommend having them separate), you can use different properties.

As for removing the mini sites, that's up to you. It's a personal decision you have to make. Do you want to keep the data in there or not?
Here's a great article that will help you understand the hierarchy of the whole account>account>property>view setup. It can be quite tricky for new users to wrap their heads around.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009618?hl=en

Hope that helps.