Analytics
3.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I moved my website to BigCommerce and can't figure out how to use Google Analytics with my new site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Analytics Community,

This probably is elementary, but I can't figure it out. I moved my website to BigCommerce and my Google Analytics account is not tracking it. I have looked and looked but I can't figure out how to connect my new site to Google Analytics. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike

I moved my website to BigCommerce and can't figure out how to use Google Analytics with my new site.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

Here you'll find a step-by-step guide how to implement Google Analytics to your BigCommerce store: https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/Setting-Up-Google-Analytics

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Taavi!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much. I should have specified that I have a Google analytics account that was associated with my website when I used another host and my desire was to re-direct my same analytics account to my new host. 

In any case, when I try to set up a new Google Analytics account, the system tells me that my url is invalid. 

Does that mean I have to delete my old account and create a new one?

Thank you again.

Mike

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

No, you don't. Take a look at this topic: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics-Account-Access/Keep-Getting-quot-Property...

@Mike F if you have any further questions, let us know.

Cheers,

Taavi