Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I have the tracking ID but I do not know how to see the statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I have the tracking ID (UA -xxxxxxxx-1) created more than a year ago and I would like to see the number of unique visitors and total visits since the tracking ID has been created until today. 

Nothing is configured. I have a WordPress plugin which is showing the metrics for the past 90 days, but that is not enough.

Can you please advise what are the steps to take in order to achieve this? 

Thank you!

Regards, 

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I am logging to Analytics using my gmail accounts (I have two of them), I cannot see any profile with the tracking ID that I've mentioned above. Can you also please advise how can I see with which gmail account I have created the tracking ID? 

Thank you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately you won't be able to see historic data in Google Analytics if the ID and tracking was not configured on your site. There are Google Analytics WordPress plugins (you may have already done this) that can help with implementation, or you can put analytics right into the header.php file to start tracking.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

There's no way to tell who owns a Google Analytics tracking ID, but you can follow the steps here to regain access to your account with a different email: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

First of @Samantha B is right, if you haven't properly setup your Analytics ID and connected it to your website then the data is lost. Analytics does not hold on to data unless it has somewhere to place it. Also, what do you mean by "nothing is configured". 

Number 2, who created the ID number? Was it you? If so you should still have control over it. If not, make sure the person who created the ID number gives you admin access to the account. 

Hope this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’