Analytics
5.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I have forgotten email address and password

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UA-60647826-1

I set up GA for a clients website when a new website was built. The code was: UA-60647826-1 that I asked the design to embed in the site. I remember looking at the info online so i know it was working.

However over a year later I am not back after having a baby and i can’t remember for the life of me the email address or the password i used. I have tried all the different combinations i know and can only think:

1. I either used one of my email addresses that i just don’t remember 
  2. I used the clients email address and can’t remember it 
  3. Something has happened and It has been deleted not by me

Please can you please help me urgently,

Best wishes

Emma

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have forgotten email address and password

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emma,

You can try to regain access to the account as described in the thread below, hope it helps:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Arnold, but i have tried that already and as i dont have an adwords acc they wont help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

You will need to create an Adwords account in order to get access to support. You don't have to set up any campaigns, you just need to have an account created.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,
Sorry, im going to need a little more info on how to do this im afraid. Dont i need to have a website and GA set up on a website to have an ad words account? I cant get access to the one i set up as i cant find remember the password? Thanks for your help- im in a real pickle here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
sorry not password. i meant email address used. i can t remember the email address used. Thanks #

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi,

You don't need a website with GA set up for creating an AdWords account. Just an email address and a website address. You only need the AdWords account to get access to the support contact options.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks.so would you suggest i set up adwords for the same website i am trying to access the GA data? or can it just any website i run. ie. will they help me if it is to do with another website.
thanks in advance

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can specify any website when creating the account, you only need it to have access to support.