Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I have been fired by a company and need to take my private gmail off their analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I go to Admin -> User -> I can't remove myself. Help!!! I don't want my email on their account and they don't either.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have been fired by a company and need to take my private gmail off their analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Terra,
did you create the account with your private gmail account?
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Re: I have been fired by a company and need to take my private gmail off their analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I created the account and I added the other people that will take over for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actualy, just to be clear. I created a gmail account specifically for that company.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but they don't want my gmail on their account anymore

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If the company wants to remove you, they'll have to go through official channels
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terra H
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey terra,

if you have still access to your x-company's GA account you can delete your self by going in admin >> Account >> user management. you will see an option "remove myself from this account". 

Alternately if you logged into GA as an admin then you should see all the users who have access to that account. you can delete yourself if you are still a user.

hope this will help you Smiley Happy

Cheers 

Noman

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Because deleting the account would cause more issues (the account would be left without a 'root' admin)
Like I said, the easiest way is for the company to use https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! That's what I'll do.