Analytics
5.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I cannot delete users from Google Analytics Account view and I cannot tell who is an admin or not

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am unable to delete users from my Google Analytics accounts. I am showing 3 projects. Two of them would have been created by a contracting firm we used before I came on board. When I go to Admin -> Account -> User Management, all I see is "You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account." Well, the users who set this up have been fired, so they should not have access either, but I cannot remove them.

What can I do? 

What more information do I need to provide?

Thanks, 

Alex

Re: I cannot delete users from Google Analytics Account view and I cannot tell who is an admin or no

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hello Alex,

Thank you for your question.

Do you have an AdWords account? If so that would be the easiest way to recover your account.

Information can be found at this previous post:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

If that is not a possibility let me know and I will try to assist you with another solution.

Best,

Shannon

Re: I cannot delete users from Google Analytics Account view and I cannot tell who is an admin or no

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Shannon,

I do not have an AdWords account. I am the admin for all of my business' accounts - all gmail accounts with our domain name, but no AdWords.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks,

Alex

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Alex,

A member of my team has reached out to you via email. Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Shannon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shannon,

I am having a very similar experience to that mentioned above - we have had personnel move on, and "lost" our admin account for certain apps.

Several of us have view access, but we are unable to administrate the accounts, and dont know who is the admin for one particular app.

Are you able to assist? (No Adwords account either)

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your post.

The thread link I posted above is detailed but it's one of the best on giving a user all the steps to regain access to their account.

If you still have issues with the problem feel free to let me know.

Best,

Shannon