Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I can't get to any google analytics page, it worked fine for 2 years, is it my computer? The site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I can't access any google analytics page, when I click on my bookmark or click on google analytics sign up or from anywhere it redirects to this url but the page appears completely blank, https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/

I am not sure what has happened because I have used it with no problems for about 2 years, it works on my phone so I think it is something to do with my computer but I have no idea what, any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user

I can't get to any google analytics page, it worked fine for 2 years, is it my computer? The site?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Have you tried logging out of your google account and clearing your browser cookies and browser cache?
Is your browser on your computer up to date re the version?
Also have you tried going to the Google homepage https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/#?modal_active=none
and accessing GA from the drop down via the Signin link at the upper right of the page?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Tried all of those, unfortunately they didn't work. In the top left corner of the tab where there is usually the analytics symbol it has a blank page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

I have the same problem as of yesterday (previous visit was a month ago). Cleared cache and cookies. Browser is up to date. When I go to the google home page (your link above) and click "Sign In" and then select Analytics in the drop down, it takes me to https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ which is blank.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew K
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Andrew K & @Terri Z
What browser and versions are being used that this happens on?
Are all browser addons/extensions up to date too?
Also are either of you using something like adblock or some other browser addon or Antivirus that might be (wrongly) blocking it (eg yesterday avast went pearshaped and decided google search was a bad search engine and wouldnt allow it to load) 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Firefox 50.0.2, I don't know how to check if addons/extensions are up to date.

However - I unblocked both https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/#?modal_active=none and https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ and now I can get in.

What's weird is that yesterday I was using ABP when I first noticed this problem; late last night to fix an unrelated problem (FF memory leak) I switched to uBlock and it was blocking it too. So it sounds like maybe the avast issue affects more than one ad block addon.

Might be good to put out an email broadcast, just an idea Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I dont work for google re putting out an email broadcast.

So far, I havent seen any widespread issues concerning ppl not being able to access. 

Adblock has been known to cause issues on and off over the years and having to add exceptions to it for accessing GA is a common fix.

In my instance, i use avast but had no problems accessing GA or Google Search.. even though avast had given me a false positive re google search being a bad search engine.
I use both FF and Chrome (occasionally IE)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've never had a problem with ABP before now.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I'm happy to hear you have found a work around for it :-))

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for providing it!! Smiley Happy