Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

I can't find my Google Analytics data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where did my Google Analytics data go?  Google Analytics is treating me like a new user.  I need help.  Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill C
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Sounds like you may have to do an account recovery then. You will need to create an adwords account to access the support options, it does not cost anything but the support options can only be accessed via an adwords account.
Google wont necessarily be able to grant admin access to the existing account. you may only end up with read access of the historical data in which case you would need to create a new analytics account and swap out the code on the website anyhow i order to do things like create goals, filters etc etc.
There is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about starting the account recovery process (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bill :-)
Do you have more than one google account.. or maybe more than one email address associated with your google account?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes.  Now the email address ends in @gmail.com but initially its domain was @res.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bronwyn, The account was set up years ago, maybe 2012 or so.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Ok.. so when you initially opened the analytics account.. it was using the @res.net email address? 

Are you able to still log in with the other email address the @res.net one?

eta.. When was the last time you access the analytics account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bronwyn,

No, I think someone changed the password.  For our product development department, we only had one account.

The problem is that we already added the tracking ID to our static pages a while ago.  We can no longer get to the account that gave us those tracking codes, so we can't see any results.  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill C
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Sounds like you may have to do an account recovery then. You will need to create an adwords account to access the support options, it does not cost anything but the support options can only be accessed via an adwords account.
Google wont necessarily be able to grant admin access to the existing account. you may only end up with read access of the historical data in which case you would need to create a new analytics account and swap out the code on the website anyhow i order to do things like create goals, filters etc etc.
There is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about starting the account recovery process (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i can't find mine either - this is ridiculous and a huge waste of time.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.