Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to track content performances for Facebook Instant Articles?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Facebook's Instant Article feature for publishers (rolled out on FB iOS apps mostly) allows tracking by Google Analytics code. However, even after implementing GA code as instructed, we are not able to locate the referral or other info of FB Instant Articles in GA. Can anyone help me understand where exactly to find information in GA about content consumption on Facebook Instant Articles?? Will it appear as a referral source or a hostname? Instant Articles open inside FB. 

However, since the time of Instant Articles, article link clicks on FB has gone down. FB referral traffic from iPhone devices have gone down very significantly. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to track content performances for Facebook Instant Articles?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Senanrata
If it opens inside the FB app, I'd recommend that you ask your question over on Stack Overflow. This is a peer to peer community and the SDK community is separate (not on stack overflow). I think you're more likely to get an answer there.

Re: How to track content performances for Facebook Instant Articles?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Dave,
I have the same question, and I imagine many more will have the same issues when Instant Articles become open to everyone on April 12th. Their documentation on the matter (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instant-articles/ads-analytics) doesn't say much beyond "You can embed HTML/JavaScript tracking code within an iframe on each article using the Analytics element.".