Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to show google certificate?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I participated an exam for beginner course for GA. I have achieved a certificate. But now I don't know which profile will show it (like https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com, https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/ or others). Could you please, help me?
Analytics beginners certification.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shamim G
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
You are able to view/access it on your analytics academy profile

Is the URL of my certificate shareable / public? Can I share a link to my certificate on other social networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, etc.)?

Since the URL to your course certificate is private, no one else will be able to see your certificate if you just add the link to a social media profile. However, there are several other ways you can easily save and share the certificate with others.

Option 1: Printing your certificate

1. Go to the menu, and choose print page.
  2. On the left side in print options choose the Destination: Save to Google Drive (on Chrome) or Save as PDF (in other browsers).
  3. Choose the Layout as Landscape.
  4. Check the Headers & Footers option.
  5. Click the Save button.

Your Certificate will be saved as a PDF on your Google Drive or on your computer. From this file, you could create your own public link (like via Google Docs!) or just share the file with others.

Option 2: Screen Capture

Install this Chrome application from the link below. After installing, go to your certificate page and click the Screen Capture extension icon in your Chrome browser; you will be able to capture the whole page as an image and crop the image later if required.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/awesome-screenshot-screen/nlipoenfbbikpbjkfpfillcgkoblgpmj

Congrats on completing the course!

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shamim G
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
You are able to view/access it on your analytics academy profile

Is the URL of my certificate shareable / public? Can I share a link to my certificate on other social networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, etc.)?

Since the URL to your course certificate is private, no one else will be able to see your certificate if you just add the link to a social media profile. However, there are several other ways you can easily save and share the certificate with others.

Option 1: Printing your certificate

1. Go to the menu, and choose print page.
  2. On the left side in print options choose the Destination: Save to Google Drive (on Chrome) or Save as PDF (in other browsers).
  3. Choose the Layout as Landscape.
  4. Check the Headers & Footers option.
  5. Click the Save button.

Your Certificate will be saved as a PDF on your Google Drive or on your computer. From this file, you could create your own public link (like via Google Docs!) or just share the file with others.

Option 2: Screen Capture

Install this Chrome application from the link below. After installing, go to your certificate page and click the Screen Capture extension icon in your Chrome browser; you will be able to capture the whole page as an image and crop the image later if required.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/awesome-screenshot-screen/nlipoenfbbikpbjkfpfillcgkoblgpmj

Congrats on completing the course!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: How to show google certificate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Bronwyn

I'm trying to get my students to take the GAIQ exams as part of their course assessment -- which they're doing enthusiastically. I'm concerned about the ease with which PDF certificates can be faked. It used to be that you could create a public link to your profile, but I can't work out how to do that now.

Do you know if there any way to confirm certification through a URL/link to a site hosted by Google?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! "Since the URL to your course certificate is private, no one else will be able to see your certificate" , then what´s the use of taking this exam if no one else can see that you are certified? The PDF option is great but a public profile would still be better.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Amaury G

"Since the URL to your course certificate is private, no one else will be able to see your certificate"

The courses from Analytics Academy are not the same as the completing the GAIQ exam, (though the Analytics Academy courses do form part of the study material for the GAIQ exam).

The Analytics Academy certificates are simply certificates of participation/completion. Upload the pdf or jpg to google drive and you can link to it on there.

More about the GAIQ exam here

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6089828?hl=en

Please note though, at this point in time, the GAIQ certificates are not accessible to be linked to via LinkedIn etc either, though Google has indicated they are looking into adding that functionality back at some stage.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I saw this suggestion elsewhere too, so perhaps
I'm missing something. PDFs would be easy to fake/forge, so is there a way
the authenticity of the PDF can be guaranteed by linking to a file on
Google Drive?

I know that in the past, we could make the profile public, which would
provide a link that could be shared to show a person's qualifications.

(Even then, very, very rarely, we have had students who switch profile
names on their accounts...!!)

Any help much appreciated.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Roy L :-)

@Roy L wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I saw this suggestion elsewhere too, so perhaps
I'm missing something. PDFs would be easy to fake/forge, so is there a way
the authenticity of the PDF can be guaranteed by linking to a file on
Google Drive?

What I am suggesting applies to the certificates offered by Analytics Academy. They have never been hosted by Google or available via a google link etc.

The GAIQ is a completely separate timed exam. You are correct re being able to provide a public link to them before. Prior to Jan 2018, a person was able to create a public profile on the Google Partners site, complete the GAIQ certification exam and link to their results via the public profile. This option is no longer available. I do not know Google's reasoning for this. They have mentioned they may bring this functionality back.. but no mention of when and it was only mentioned as a 'maybe'.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. We will probably go down the route of having students logon to
their accounts in person and show us the profile there and then...

Not to worry -- I 'only' have 150 this year Smiley Happy

Thanks again for the help.