Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to see organic traffic trend in GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I want to identify whether organic landing pages in Google Analytics month on month (over 6 month period) have increased or decreased in traffic and whether the traffic trend is positive or negative.

See:

screenshot.7128.jpg

In total there are 500 pages, so it's just not feasible to review each organic chart for each organic landing page to view the trend.

I’m sure there is some way to view this in Google Analytics, but just not sure how.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

go to "customization", set up a custom report using "sessions" as metric, "landing page" as dimension, and "medium" exact "organic" as filter and save. Then, choose your six-months range, enable "compare to previous period", and you should be done.

Best, Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Go to the landing pages report in Analytics. 

Click Secondary Dimension. Type in "default channel grouping" and select this option. 

Now click on the Advanced button to add a filter. Make sure the Default Channel Grouping dimension is selected, then type  "organic" into the filter. 

Now you're only looking at Organic landing page data. 

Hope that helps. If not, you will need to add an organic segment.