Analytics
5.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to retrieve an Analytics account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there 

Is there a way to find the email address of the person who created a Google Analytics account initially? Our service provider removed themselves from our Analytics account, without giving me access to manage the account and add a new service provider.

I'm not sure what to and would not like to lose all our historic data. Any advice would be appreciated, please. 

Thanks, Johlene 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johlene V
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you have your property ID, you can try to regain access. You need an AdWords account to access support.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johlene V
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you have your property ID, you can try to regain access. You need an AdWords account to access support.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold

I wonder if you can help with a similar situation, though slightly more complicated.

A previous agency set up one of our client's GA account using their (the agency's credentials). They still have admin rights of course but the client doesn't have full admin rights and neither do we. 

Then the creative agency set up a Search Console account but with their own set of credentials. So now the two are not linked. 

We were advised to set up a new account with the client's own unique logins. Since the site was still fairly new we thought it would be the best thing as there was not a lot of data we'd lose. It seemed to pull in data initially for the first time but not anymore. 

What would be your best advice for this tricky situation?

Many thanks in advance

Val